Mission Statement for Technology Use at Nicolet
Our mission is to provide various aspects of technology including training, time, curriculum, hardware, software and technical support which will improve school operations, resources, communication and productivity thereby enhancing the education process.
Vision of Educational Technology at Nicolet
We envision a school that will allow students to learn in a technologically advanced environment.
- Use current and readily accessible technologies
- Be guided by technologically literate teachers
- Become self-directed learners choosing topics of study and methods of learning
- Use technology to acquire real-world input into the learning process and to access and contribute to the global community
- Have time and opportunities to learn new technologies and to collaborate and reflect with peers
- Integrate technology into their teaching
- Use technology to communicate with each other, with parents and with other members of the learning community
The School Board and Administration will:
- Create a supportive environment for technological innovation
- Establish an environment that encourages risk taking
- Provide adequate funding for professional development, personnel, infrastructure, hardware, and software